Who We Are
- About Us
- Vision, Mission and Values
- Core Strategies
- Senior Leadership Team
- Our Staff
- Town Calendar
- Location and Hours
- Contact Us
Mayor and Council
- About Council
- Mayor's Office
- Your Elected Officials
- Council Meetings
- Meeting Fee Claims & Expenses
- Quarterly Reports
- Public Hearings
- Boards and Committees
- Presentations to Council
- Contact Council
Doing Business with the Town
Staff Directory Find the contact information of the staff member that you want to reach.
Bylaw Directory Access the most frequently requested bylaws or learn more about bylaws in Stony Plain.
Council Meetings Find out what Council will discuss at its next meeting or review decisions from past meetings.
Talk to Us There are many ways to reach us. Find out how to contact us.
Garbage and Recycling
- General Information
- Curbside Schedule
- Household Garbage
- Recycling Programs
- Organics Collection
Taxes and Utilities
Sewer and Storm Water
Roads and Infrastructure
Permits and Licences
- Community Directory
- Bylaw Directory
- Business Directory
- Utility Applications
- Service Requests
Subscribe / Contact
Police and Safety
- Fire Department
- Municipal Enforcement
- Emergency Preparedness
- Cameras in the Community
- Crime-free Multi-housing (CFMH)
Services for Living
People and Pets
Contact / Subscribe
News and Announcements
Attractions and Activities
Lodging and Dining
Did you know...?Israel Umbach, Stony Plain’s first sheriff and overseer, set a Canadian precedent in 1907 when he forced the Canadian Northern Railway Company to pay its outstanding taxes by chaining a locomotive to the tracks. The incident is depicted in "The Strong Arm of the Law" mural.
There is a wealth of sights to see and experiences to be had in Stony Plain. Use this Guide to help plan your trip.
Town and Trail Map Find your way around Stony Plain by vehicle or on bike or foot using our detailed route and amenities map.
Community Calendar Find out what's happening in our community.
Mural Program Stony Plain's rich heritage is preserved through its extensive mural program. Take a tour of the magnificent artwork.
Doing Business in Stony Plain
Commercial Real Estate
- Labour Force
- Taxes and Assessments
News and Events
Reports and Publications
- Municipal Development Plan
- Area Structure Plans
- Economic Development Strategy
- Business Development Guide
- Business Relocation Guide (Chamber of Commerce)
- Cultural Master Plan
- Transportation Study
- Business Directory
- Economic Development
- Business Associations
- Advisory Services
- Business Services
Subscribe / Contact
Business Directory Looking for a specific business or service provider? Use our online business directory to start your search.
Economic Development Plan Update
Share your ideas to grow our business community Jun - Nov 2016
BizPal Find out which permits or licences you require for your business.
Business Development Guide Discover the many advantages of doing business, investing and living in Stony Plain.
RCMPLocal police services in Stony Plain are provided by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (R.C.M.P.).
The R.C.M.P. is Canada's national police service, providing federal law enforcement services in detachments across the country. The R.C.M.P. enforce both provincial statutes and the Criminal Code of Canada. The Town of Stony Plain contracts the R.C.M.P. to provide local police services for its citizens and provides the RCMP with a contingent of civilian administrative staff, which the Town employs.
The Stony Plain R.C.M.P. detachment is staffed by an inspector, two staff sergeants, six sergeants, five corporals, 16 constables, and three public service employees. The local detachment supports a range of community programs and services that enhance community safety, including:
- an active auxiliary;
- a Citizens On Patrol program (C.O.P.) with organizers and residents as volunteers;
- a Victim Services Unit;
- a Crime Watch program.
- Download Services Brochure (-3.06MB)
Please ensure to bring the following documentation:
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle Insurance
- Vehicle Registration
Criminal Record Checks
- Cash ONLY and exact change required
- Allow two weeks for processing**
- Must have two pieces of government-issued identification, at least one of which must be photo ID (i.e. valid Driver's Licence)
- Must be a resident of Stony Plain, Parkland County or Lac. Ste. Anne County
- Employment: $25.00
- Volunteer: no fee (must supply letter from organization on official letterhead, requesting fees be waived; letter must include: name of volunteer and original signature of individual who heads organization)
Please note: Every volunteer must have a letter from the organization requesting the Criminal Record Check. This letter must:
- be on official letterhead;
- include the applicant’s name;
- specify that they are a volunteer;
- specify that they need a Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector Check;
- be signed by the requestor/organization; and
- be an original.
The R.C.M.P. will not begin the application process without this letter.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 to 11:30 AM and 12:30 to 4:30 PM ONLY
- Must have government-issued photo identification plus secondary identification
- Fee: $25.00 (Money Order or Certified Cheque, payable to "Receiver General")
- No fee for volunteer position (accompaned with a volunteer letter on official letterhead from volunteer organization)
Applying for a Pardon
Please note that the following information is also available at the front counter of the Stony Plain R.C.M.P. Detachment, as part of the complete Pardon Application Guide. You can phone the National Parole Board at 1-800-874-2652 for help with applying for a pardon or visit its website to download a copy of the complete Pardon Application Guide, including detailed instructions for its completion.
Paying a violation ticket (NOT payable at the RCMP)
Violation tickets may be paid at any Registry Office or Provincial Court. You must bring the ticket with you when making a payment. You may also pay the ticket online by following the instructions on the website. There will be a service fee applied at a Registry Office or if you use the website.