Who We Are
- About Us
- Vision, Mission and Values
- Core Strategies
- Senior Leadership Team
- Our Staff
- Town Calendar
- Location and Hours
- Contact Us
Staff Directory Find the contact information of the staff member that you want to reach.
Bylaw Directory Access the most frequently requested bylaws or learn more about bylaws in Stony Plain.
Council Meetings Find out what Council will discuss at its next meeting or review decisions from past meetings.
Talk to Us There are many ways to reach us. Find out how to contact us.
Garbage and Recycling
Taxes and Utilities
Sewer and Storm Water
Roads and Infrastructure
Permits and Licences
- Community Directory
- Bylaw Directory
- Business Directory
- Utility Applications
- Service Requests
Subscribe / Contact
Police and Safety
- Fire Department
- Municipal Enforcement
- Emergency Preparedness
- Cameras in the Community
- Crime-free Multi-housing (CFMH)
Services for Living
People and Pets
- Attractions and Activities
There is a wealth of sights to see and experiences to be had in Stony Plain. Use this Guide to help plan your trip.
Town and Trail Map Find your way around Stony Plain by vehicle or on bike or foot using our detailed route and amenities map.
Mural Program Stony Plain's rich heritage is preserved through its extensive mural program. Take a tour of the magnificent artwork.
Send an email
Community and Protective Services
Who We Are
The Community and Protective Services department is responsible for planning and implementing many of the Town's ‘quality of life’ services, which contribute to Stony Plain’s reputation as an outstanding community to live in.
Community and Protective Services is dedicated to serving the citizens of Stony Plain in planning and facilitating quality services including parks, recreation, open spaces, and recreation services.
What We Do
Community and Protective Services supports and encourages recreation, leisure and special event opportunities for Stony Plain citizens, in order to ensure personal well-being, increased quality of life and a strong, active sense of community.
The department helps citizens build on existing strengths, assets and capacities within the community by:
- encouraging the development and support of partnerships and cooperative relationships;
- facilitating the development and sustainability of community-based organizations;
- mobilizing individuals and communities to promote community caring and responsibility for individual and community well-being;
- advising Council on community issues; and
- liaising with Council and other Town departments; in particular, Corporate Communications, Economic Development, Cultural Development, and Public Works.
The department develops, implements and supports a broad range of programs and services, including providing recreation and leisure opportunities, operating recreation facilities, and creating and supporting community events.
Providing recreation options, promoting our parks and green spaces, liaising with community groups and ensuring overall quality service are just parts of the make-up of this ever-evolving department.
Our vision is to be an innovative, responsive and dynamic department that delivers quality programs and experiences through:
- grassroots, community-supported initiatives;
- well-organized programs, services and events; and
- well-operated facilities, parks and green spaces.
Parks and Green Spaces
We are proud of our community's parks, grounds and green spaces., which are located throughout the community. Community Services works closely with Public Works to maintain Stony Plain's green infrastructure.
- Facilitate delivery of grassroots recreation services
- Work with community sectors to ensure public has full access to wide-ranging recreational, special events and programming opportunities
- Ensure ALL citizens have equal access to green spaces, facilities and community programs
- Summer childrens' programs
- Stony Plain Public Library
- HandiBus service
- Japanese Twinning Program
Support for Community Groups
- The department supports community organizations to help them reach their goals. Local groups and organizations are invited to talk to us about developing programs and events, accessing workshops to build organizational skills or applying for grants and funding.
Municipal Enforcement Services
The Town of Stony Plain's Municipal Enforcement Services enforce legislation and regulations (bylaws) within Stony Plain.
The Town of Stony Plain Fire Department is responsible for providing residents of Stony Plain and those within a portion of Parkland County with fire suppression and rescue services.
- Community and Protective Services
Town of Stony Plain
2nd Floor, 4905 - 51 Avenue
Stony Plain, Alberta T7Z 1Y1
Send an email