Stony Plain, AB: The Town of Stony Plain’s Enforcement Services is offering residents the chance to pay for their parking tickets with toys this fall once again. From October 30th to December 8th, residents who receive parking tickets, issued on a Stony Plain Bylaw Tag between Oct 30th and Nov 24th, are eligible to pay for the fine with a toy. The toys will be donated to the Stony Plain Kinsmen Club’s Christmas Hampers.
“The Toys for Tickets Program is an opportunity for Stony Plain residents to support the community,” says Tiffany Anderson, Enforcement Services Supervisor. “The Kinsmen Christmas Hampers help thousands of citizens in Stony Plain and Parkland County every Christmas. We’re happy to support the cause.” Anderson goes on to say, “Every child in Stony Plain deserves to open a gift on Christmas morning. We are asking our amazing residents in Stony Plain to help make that happen."
Program specifics are as follows:
- Toys must be new and in the original packaging
- Toys must be suitable for children up to age 16
- Toys must be equal to or exceed a $25 value with a receipt
- New Gift Cards valued at $25 or greater will also be accepted with receipt
- Fines issued for Emergency Access, Handicap, Commercial Vehicle, and Dangerous Goods parking violations are NOT eligible for the program
- Only municipal parking tickets with a Stony Plain Bylaw Tag are eligible for the Toys for Tickets program
- You don’t have to get a parking ticket to make a donation
Ed Berney, Chairman of the Kinsmen Christmas Hampers says, “The need is greater than ever. In 2015 the hampers helped 450 families or 1,550 people; in 2016 those numbers rose to 510 families or 1,750 people. This year the Kinsmen expect even more Stony Plain and Parkland families to sign up for a Christmas Hamper.”
Stony Plain residents can pay for their tickets with toys from October 30th to December 8th at the Town Office.
For more information on the Toys for Tickets Program and for complete program specifics, please visit our website: www.stonyplain.com/ToysforTickets.
For more information, contact:
Stephanie Barsby Boisvert
Corporate Communications Officer
Town of Stony Plain