The Town of Stony Plain is celebrating Canada’s 149th Birthday this summer by honouring Stony Plain’s community and culture. The free, family-friendly celebration will be held at Heritage Park on July 1 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and features a number of events:
- KidZone, including face painting, circus, tractor run, and reptile show
- Live entertainment, featuring Codie Prevost and Hailey Benedict
- Art Walk, including Edmonton artists Joriginals1 and Trueman Macdonald
- Citizenship Ceremony commemorating new Canadian citizens
- And Food vendors, including The Lemon Grass Grill food truck and the Pioneer Museum’s Tea House
The Canada Day celebration is an opportunity for residents and visitors to embrace Stony Plain’s cultural heritage and community spirit.
“At the Town of Stony Plain, we are committed to embracing and strengthening the cultural aspect of our community,” says Tevra Graham, Community Services Coordinator. “By planning a free, family-friendly celebration, we are providing the community with an opportunity to connect and thrive.”
This summer, a few changes were made to ensure the celebration is fun and entertaining for the whole family. The KidZone, in particular, is new and exciting, featuring more interactive activities than before.
For more information on the celebration and corresponding volunteer opportunities, visit our website: www.stonyplain.com/canadaday
To learn more about the Town of Stony Plain’s commitment to Community Development, read our 2016 - 2019 Strategic Plan on our website: www.stonyplain.com
For more information, contact:
Corporate Communications Officer
Town of Stony Plain