The Town of Stony Plain’s Enforcement Services is offering residents the chance to pay for their parking tickets with toys this fall. From October 31st to November 25th, residents who receive parking tickets, issued on a Stony Plain Bylaw Tag, are eligible to pay for the fine with a toy. The toys will be donated to the Stony Plain Kinsmen Club’s Christmas Hampers.
“The Toys for Tickets Program is an opportunity for Stony Plain residents to support the community,” says Adam Wenmann, Acting Enforcement Services Supervisor. “The Kinsmen Christmas Hampers help thousands of citizens in Stony Plain and Parkland County every Christmas. We’re happy to support the cause.”
Program specifics are as follows:
- Toys must be new and in the original packaging.
- Toys must be suitable for babies or children up to the age of 16.
- Toys must be equal to or exceed a $25 value. A receipt must be presented at the time of payment.
- New Gift Cards valued at $25 or great will also be accepted.
- Fines issued for Emergency Access, Handicap, Commercial Vehicle, and Dangerous Goods parking violations are not eligible for the program.
- Only municipal parking tickets with a Stony Plain Bylaw Tag are eligible for the Toys for Tickets program.
Ed Berney, Chairman of the Kinsmen Christmas Hampers says, “All children deserve to have gifts at Christmas. Last year we helped 450 families which totaled over 1,550 people, many of which are children.”
Stony Plain and Parkland County residents can pay for their tickets with toys from November 7th to December 9th at the Town Office. Donations from those without a ticket will also be accepted.
For more information on the Toys for Tickets Program and for complete program specifics, please visit our website: www.stonyplain.com/ToysforTickets.
For more information, contact:
Stephanie Barsby Boisvert
Corporate Communications Officer
Town of Stony Plain