The Town of Stony Plain is beginning its annual recruitment of residents to participate on multiple Council-appointed advisory boards. These boards and committees provide information,advice, and recommendations to Council and Administration on important issues facing Stony Plain. Each board also includes a member of Council.
“We’re looking for residents with a variety of backgrounds and interests,” says Town Manager Tom Goulden. “Whether you’re looking to promote local arts and culture, or to have your say on development in Stony Plain, there’s a board and a position that’s a great fit for you.”
The Town is currently recruiting to fill volunteer positions on the following boards:
· Cultural Round Table (CRT): The CRT assists in decision-making toward strengthening cultural vitality in Stony Plain.
· Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Board: The FCSS Board governs the FCSS program in Stony Plain to enrich a strong, healthy, connected community.
· Municipal Planning Commission (MPC): The MPC approves street and subdivision naming, variances, and decisions of the development authority, as well as decisions of the subdivision authority.
· Stony Plain Public Library Board: The Stony Plain Public Library Board manages, regulates, and controls the municipal library.
· Subdivision Development and Appeal Board (SDAB):The SDAB is a quasi-judicial tribunal board that rules on development decisions within Stony Plain.
“Joining a council-appointed board is a great way to make your voice heard and have your say,” says Mayor William Choy. “This is an opportunity for residents to get involved in what’s going on in their community and contribute to decisions that will impact Stony Plain now and in the future.”
To see information about the various positions including term length and eligibility criteria, or to get your application form, visit www.stonyplain.com/boards. Please submit your application form via email to email@example.com, via fax to 780.963.2197, or in person at Town Office by September 17, 2018.
For media inquiries, contact:
Stephanie Barsby Boisvert
Corporate Communications Officer
Town of Stony Plain
For more information, contact:
Legislative Services Coordinator
Town of Stony Plain