During the Governance and Priorities Meeting on July 3, 2018, Town of Stony Plain Administration presented the 2017 Annual Report to Council. Administration releases the report annually to inform residents of major milestones, initiatives, and projects within Stony Plain, as well as to provide clear and accurate financial reporting to the public.
Some highlights detailed in the 2017 Annual Report include:
- The successful diversion of 58% of Stony Plain’s waste from the landfill.
- A ceremonial sod turning to mark the start of construction of an integrated facility between the Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, and Enoch RCMP detachments.
- The grand opening of Phase III of Heritage Park.
- The successful lobbying of the Government of Alberta to complete upgrades to Provincial Highways 779 and 628.
- The unveiling of three new public art murals.
- A 26% increase in the number of business licenses issued.
“Every year, Corporate Services works hard to present a detailed financial report, and we are proud to release the final product to the public,” says Jen Boleski, General Manager of Corporate Services. “We take pride in conducting ourselves in the spirit of full transparency and providing accurate information to residents. In fact, for the past six years, Corporate Services has been awarded with the Canadian Award for Financial Reporting for our high-quality Annual Reports.”
“The Annual Report helps the Town of Stony Plain maintain open and clear channels of communication with the public and provide up to date financial information to residents,” says Mayor William Choy. “It’s also a way to look back and celebrate our triumphs of 2017 and consider what our goals are for the year to come. As always, these successes would not be possible without partnerships with neighbouring municipalities, local groups and organizations, the Provincial and Federal Governments, and our many incredible volunteers.”
Physical copies of the Annual Report are available for pickup at Town Office while quantities last. The report can also be viewed online at www.stonyplain.com/reports.
For media inquiries, contact:
Stephanie Barsby Boisvert
Corporate Communications Officer
Town of Stony Plain
For more information, contact:
Jen Boleski, CPA, CA
General Manager of Corporate Services
Town of Stony Plain