Who We Are
- About Us
- Vision, Mission and Values
- Core Strategies
- Senior Leadership Team
- Our Staff
- Town Calendar
- Location and Hours
- Contact Us
Staff Directory Find the contact information of the staff member that you want to reach.
Bylaw Directory Access the most frequently requested bylaws or learn more about bylaws in Stony Plain.
Council Meetings Find out what Council will discuss at its next meeting or review decisions from past meetings.
Talk to Us There are many ways to reach us. Find out how to contact us.
Garbage and Recycling
Taxes and Utilities
Sewer and Storm Water
Roads and Infrastructure
Permits and Licences
- Community Directory
- Bylaw Directory
- Business Directory
- Utility Applications
- Service Requests
Subscribe / Contact
Police and Safety
- Fire Department
- Municipal Enforcement
- Emergency Preparedness
- Cameras in the Community
- Crime-free Multi-housing (CFMH)
Services for Living
People and Pets
- Attractions and Activities
There is a wealth of sights to see and experiences to be had in Stony Plain. Use this Guide to help plan your trip.
Town and Trail Map Find your way around Stony Plain by vehicle or on bike or foot using our detailed route and amenities map.
Mural Program Stony Plain's rich heritage is preserved through its extensive mural program. Take a tour of the magnificent artwork.
Nomination Day is Monday, September 18, 2017. This is the only day to submit Nomination Papers to become a candidate. Nomination Papers will be accepted at the Town of Stony Plain Town Office (4905 51 Avenue) between 9 am and 12 pm. Nomination Papers must be submitted in person.
Nomination Package for the Offices of Mayor & Council
If you are intending to run in the Town of Stony Plain 2017 Municipal election, please download the 2017 Municipal Election Nomination Information Package for the offices of Mayor & Council. Nomination papers must be dropped off in person at the Town of Stony Plain Town Office on Nomination Day, Monday, September 18, 2017 between 9 am and 12 pm only.
NEW! Land Use Bylaw
Notice: NEW! Land Use Bylaw Impacts Election Candidate Signage
Town Council passed a new Land Use Bylaw 2576/LUO/17 on July 10, 2017. The amendments to the Bylaw affect sign allowances for Elections.
- In preparation of the election materials posted to the website during March/April, the Town quoted the then current Bylaw 2546/LUO/15, which allowed all sign types for candidate advertising.
- The sign allowances in Bylaw 2576/LUO/17 require Candidates who wish to erect a sign larger than 1 metre square to follow the Planning Department application for a sign permit. Due to the change in the Bylaw mid-election season, for the 2017 election, permit fees will be waived.
To clarify, rules for portable signs as defined by the Planning Department and the Land Use Bylaw will be in effect.
Sign permits can be obtained from Town Office from 8:30 to 4:30 pm.
If you have any questions, please contact Eva Beyer, Returning Officer.
Candidate Information Package
Below is a list of resources intended to assist individuals interested in seeking election or re-election to the office of Municipal Council or School Board.
The information provided is general in nature and has been prepared as a reference only for candidates. All candidates are responsible for complying with statutory provisions found in the following documents:
- Town of Stony Plain Candidate Information Package
- School Board Elections Information Package (Updated for 2017)
- Running for Municipal Office - A Guide for Candidates
- The Local Authorities Election Act
- The Municipal Government Act
- The School Act
- Pecuniary Interest for Municipal Councillors
- Local Authorities Election Act - FAQ's
- Now That You've Been Elected - A Handbook for Elected Officials
- Roles and Responsibilities of Municipal Officials
- Alberta Municipal Affairs Municipal Election website
- Alberta Municipal Affairs MGA review website
- Alberta Urban Municipalities Association
- AUMA Election Supports Hub
- Capital Region Board
- Ready for Her
Regional 101 Information Sessions
Regional municipal candidates are encouraged to attend one of two Regional 101 Information Sessions hosted by the Capital Region Board. The first will be held on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 from 6:30 - 800 pm and the second will be on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 from 8:00 - 9:30 am. Both sessions will take place a La Cite Francophone 8627 Rue Marie Gaboury (91 Street) in Edmonton.
All Candidates Forum
The Stony Plain & District Chamber of Commerce is hosting an All Candidates Forum on Thursday, September 28, 2017 from 7 - 9 pm at the Heritage Park Pavilion. All candidates are encouraged to participate in this forum.
For more information, please contact the Stony Plain & District Chamber of Commerce at 780.963.4545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org