Who We Are
- About Us
- Vision, Mission and Values
- Core Strategies
- Senior Leadership Team
- Our Staff
- Town Calendar
- Location and Hours
- Contact Us
Staff Directory Find the contact information of the staff member that you want to reach.
Bylaw Directory Access the most frequently requested bylaws or learn more about bylaws in Stony Plain.
Council Meetings Find out what Council will discuss at its next meeting or review decisions from past meetings.
Talk to Us There are many ways to reach us. Find out how to contact us.
Garbage and Recycling
Taxes and Utilities
Sewer and Storm Water
Roads and Infrastructure
Permits and Licences
- Community Directory
- Bylaw Directory
- Business Directory
- Utility Applications
- Service Requests
Subscribe / Contact
Police and Safety
- Fire Department
- Municipal Enforcement
- Emergency Preparedness
- Cameras in the Community
- Crime-free Multi-housing (CFMH)
Services for Living
People and Pets
- Attractions and Activities
There is a wealth of sights to see and experiences to be had in Stony Plain. Use this Guide to help plan your trip.
Town and Trail Map Find your way around Stony Plain by vehicle or on bike or foot using our detailed route and amenities map.
Mural Program Stony Plain's rich heritage is preserved through its extensive mural program. Take a tour of the magnificent artwork.
Cultural Master Plan
Cultural Master Plan
Council approved the Town's first Cultural Master Plan on May 14, 2012. The Plan is intended to help shape the cultural development of the community over the next decade.
Download approved plan (-2.73MB)
The recommendations in the plan are aimed at enhancing how we feature Stony Plain's many cultural gifts - its heritage, artists, musicians, venues and beautiful vistas. The Cultural Master Plan more consciously celebrates our assets to enrich the experience of living and visiting here.
The Plan was developed with the benefit of extensive public and stakeholder input, culminating in a total of 24 recommendation actions for several key areas, including:
GOAL 1: TOWN LEADERSHIP
- Consider the Establishment of a New Cultural Development Officer Staff Position
- Implement a Communications Strategy to Promote the Plan
- Establish an Interdepartmental Culture Team
- Convene a Staff Forum on the Cultural Master Plan
- Integrate Culture into Town Planning and Decision-Making
- Evolve the Creative Community Committee (CCC) to a Cultural Roundtable
- Convene an Annual Cultural Summit
- Hold Issue-Based Community Forums
- Establish a Mayor’s Award for Culture
GOAL 2: A DIVERSE AND DYNAMIC CULTURAL SECTOR
- Establish a Stony Plain Cultural Network
- Strengthen Regional Partnerships and Collaboration
- Create a Coordinated Cultural Marketing Initiative
- Establish a Community-Driven Calendar of Events
- Sustain and Expand Cultural Mapping Efforts
- Address Cultural Facility Needs
- Address the Gaps in Cultural Facilities - Four cultural facility needs were identified during the planning process:
- Establish a Youth Apprenticeship and Mentoring Program
- Establish a Festival Created By and For Youth
- Celebrate Diversity
- Promote and Enhance Community Storytelling
GOAL 3: GROWING THE CULTURAL ECONOMY
- Grow Creative Cultural Enterprises
- Profile Local Success Stories
- Creative Minds Events
- Develop a Festivals Strategy
GOAL 4: A CULTURALLY VITAL DOWNTOWN
- Develop an Integrated Public Art Policy and Program
- Provide Spaces for Artists and Creative Enterprises in the Downtown
- Establish a Shared Administrative Facility in the Downtown
The Cultural Master Plan is an important step in establishing a cultural vision for the Town that will assist in the identification of municipal and community priorities for preserving and strengthening the arts, culture and heritage sectors within the community.