Who We Are
- About Us
- Vision, Mission and Values
- Core Strategies
- Senior Leadership Team
- Our Staff
- Town Calendar
- Location and Hours
- Contact Us
Staff Directory Find the contact information of the staff member that you want to reach.
Bylaw Directory Access the most frequently requested bylaws or learn more about bylaws in Stony Plain.
Council Meetings Find out what Council will discuss at its next meeting or review decisions from past meetings.
Talk to Us There are many ways to reach us. Find out how to contact us.
Garbage and Recycling
Taxes and Utilities
Sewer and Storm Water
Roads and Infrastructure
Permits and Licences
- Community Directory
- Bylaw Directory
- Business Directory
- Utility Applications
- Service Requests
Subscribe / Contact
Police and Safety
- Fire Department
- Municipal Enforcement
- Emergency Preparedness
- Cameras in the Community
- Crime-free Multi-housing (CFMH)
Services for Living
People and Pets
Contact / Subscribe
- Attractions and Activities
There is a wealth of sights to see and experiences to be had in Stony Plain. Use this Guide to help plan your trip.
Town and Trail Map Find your way around Stony Plain by vehicle or on bike or foot using our detailed route and amenities map.
Mural Program Stony Plain's rich heritage is preserved through its extensive mural program. Take a tour of the magnificent artwork.
Who We Are
The office of Economic Development was created to facilitate the Town’s economic development activities with existing and new businesses. The office provides assistance to businesses and compiles important local and regional economic data. In addition, the unit coordinates with other Town departments on issues of planning, infrastructure and special events.
The Economic Development office is responsible for attracting new business to the community and encouraging business retention and expansion within the municipality. Fostering a positive business environment ultimately will contribute to the economic prosperity of the community. The Town aims to create an atmosphere that is conducive to local business retention and growth.
The unit is accountable for the planning, organization, coordination and execution of the Town's economic development initiatives and identifying opportunities for the municipality that help create an environment that emphasizes the community's “open for business” philosophy.Staff are available to work with businesses, in order to bring together the necessary tools that best suit both local business and the community's needs - before, during and after establishing operations in Stony Plain.
The Town offers several business services, including business development assistance, providing information about the community, site selection services and business networking opportunities. Economic Development serves as an advocate for business and industry and represents the Town on a number of external boards, including the Stony Plain and District Chamber of Commerce and several local, Tri-Municipal and Capital Region boards.
What We Do
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive Economic Development Strategy for the Town
- Maximize public and private relationships with other individuals and groups pursuing economic development initiatives
- Manage relationships with stakeholders at the local, provincial and national levels, to coordinate and maximize efforts around economic development in Stony Plain
- Ensure that necessary economic development information about Stony Plain is available to all parties interested in doing business in the community
- Facilitates and promotes programs and services that help local businesses and industry prosper and grow
- Supports and strengthens Stony Plain’s business community
- Takes a leadership role in attracting business and investment to - and sustaining in - Stony Plain by promoting the community's strengths and advantages
- Economic Development
Send an email