Who We Are
- About Us
- Vision, Mission and Values
- Core Strategies
- Senior Leadership Team
- Our Staff
- Town Calendar
- Location and Hours
- Contact Us
Staff Directory Find the contact information of the staff member that you want to reach.
Bylaw Directory Access the most frequently requested bylaws or learn more about bylaws in Stony Plain.
Council Meetings Find out what Council will discuss at its next meeting or review decisions from past meetings.
Talk to Us There are many ways to reach us. Find out how to contact us.
Garbage and Recycling
Taxes and Utilities
Sewer and Storm Water
Roads and Infrastructure
Permits and Licences
- Community Directory
- Bylaw Directory
- Business Directory
- Utility Applications
- Service Requests
Subscribe / Contact
Police and Safety
- Fire Department
- Municipal Enforcement
- Emergency Preparedness
- Cameras in the Community
- Crime-free Multi-housing (CFMH)
Services for Living
People and Pets
Contact / Subscribe
- Attractions and Activities
There is a wealth of sights to see and experiences to be had in Stony Plain. Use this Guide to help plan your trip.
Town and Trail Map Find your way around Stony Plain by vehicle or on bike or foot using our detailed route and amenities map.
Mural Program Stony Plain's rich heritage is preserved through its extensive mural program. Take a tour of the magnificent artwork.
Who We Are
The Town of Stony Plain's engineering division develops engineering and construction standards that govern the design, installation and maintenance of the Town's infrastructure system. The unit prepares reports and plans that strategically guide the Town's infrastructure development within Stony Plain. These documents help the Town to fulfill its mandate of effectively planning to meet the needs of the community - both now and in the future.
The engineering division advises council, the town manager, the senior leadership team and town departments on matters pertaining to infrastructure planning, maintenance and funding.
The Town retains the services of private engineering consultants for design, contract document preparation and contract supervision for capital works projects.
What We Do
- oversees and manages the Town's capital works projects (installation or upgrading of watermains, sewer lines, storm drainage, roads, sidewalks, buildings, parks, trails and open spaces);
- establishes and manages the Town's Municipal Design Standards, which apply to the preparation and submission of engineering drawings for municipal services in residential commercial, industrial and institutional developments and redevelopments (standards govern engineering, construction and landscaping projects)
- sets policies that guide major infrastructure development, while implementing the Town’s master plans for its infrastructure systems
- establishes, administers and enforces lot grading guidelines for residential, commercial, industrial and institutional developments
- responsible lot grading and approvals and issuing construction completion and final acceptance certificates for subdivisions
- administers land development services, such as plan reviews and approvals, and site inspections
- transportation and traffic control improvements
- responsible for the management and operations contract for the Capital Region Parkland Water Services Commission
- administers proposed expansion of the municipal infrastructure system, as per the Sanitary Sewer, Water and Storm Master Plan Update
- manages operations contract for the Capital Region Parkland Water Services Commission
- oversees transportation services, such as traffic counts, monitoring and evaluation
- ensures private engineering consultants contracted by the Town are following the Town's engineering standards and expectations
- develops rates for off-site levies and development charges, in conjunction with contracted engineering consultants (current rates)
- provides general engineering support to maintenance staff, other Town departments, developers, builders and the general public
Note: developers are required to hire their own engineering consultants to design the infrastructure for new developments.
Town of Stony Plain
4905 - 51 Avenue
Stony Plain, AB T7Z 1Y1
Send an email