The Edmonton International Airport (EIA) is an economic catalyst for Stony Plain and the Edmonton Metropolitan Region (EMR). The airport creates and supports jobs, investment opportunities, and links the EMR to global markets.

Quick facts

  • EIA is Canada's fifth busiest airport and is the largest by land mass
  • EIA served 5.85 million passengers last year and offers non-stop connection to more than 50-destinations around the world
  • EIA moved 52,000 tonnes of cargo last year
    • 80% of cargo is domestic and the remaining 20% is transborder or international
  • EIA supported 97,496 aircraft movements last year

The EMR has committed to attract strategic passenger and cargo flights through the creation of the Regional Air Services Opportunities Fund. Learn more below.