What do I sign up for now that I live in Stony Plain?

If you own your home you will need to sign up for a utility account for water, sewer, and garbage. If you are renting your home you need to arrange payment with your landlord as utility bills must stay in the name of the owner.

How do I pay my taxes?

You can sign up for our monthly payment plan, make a lump sum payment or add the taxes to your mortgage. Contact our Tax Clerk for more information.

When is my garbage picked up?

Garbage, Organics, and Recycling are picked by zone. Check the waste collection schedule or pick up a schedule at Town Hall. Download the MyWaste app for reminders.

What can I put in Organics or Blue Bags?

Visit our Garbage, Recycling, and Organics page or pick up a list at Town Hall.

Do I have to licence my animals?

Yes. You must license your cats and dogs in Stony Plain. Visit our Animals and Pets page for more information.

Who are the Gas/Power providers for the town?

Please visit Utilities Consumer Advocate for a list of local providers.

Is there a transit system in the Town that goes to Spruce Grove or Edmonton?

There no public transit system at this time. We have a Handibus for seniors or people with reduced mobility.